We are a small, family church.
Although small in number, the congregation is very loyal and energetic. There is a buoyant fellowship and a strong sense of belonging to one another.
We enjoy a relaxed, informal style of worship, led by a worship group and occasional organ too.
We are led by a team of ordained and non-ordained people and offer a variety of services from a monthly, formal Holy Communion service to a laid back, cafe style church.
St Mark's was built in 1887 for the miners and sits at the heart of the village, sandwiched between the two school sites. We have worked hard to build community in a place which has grown and changed character dramatically over the last 10 years.
We removed our pews in 2009 which has made a world of difference in shaping what is possible to do in worship and mission.
The church building is regularly used for community events.